《小妇人》是由美国女作家露易莎·梅·奥尔科特创作的长篇小说,首次出版于1868年。
该作是一部以美国南北战争为背景,以19世纪美国新英格兰地区的一个普通家庭四个姐妹之间的生活琐事为蓝本的带有自传色彩的家庭伦理小说。小说受到当时的大思想家爱默生的影响,强调了个人尊严与自立自律的观念;内容平实却细腻,结构单纯而寓意深远,富有强烈的感染力。
《小妇人》是一本以女性角色为主,强调女权意识的半自传体小说。文中注重表现女性意识,宣扬美好品质。
以下文章选自《小妇人》——快乐的日子
此时正是她重复她刚才跟琼讲的话之时,可麦格把它们都忘了。
'I don't know,'she said,so softly that John had tomove closer to hear her reply.
我不知道,她说,她的声音太轻,以至于约翰得凑得更近一些,才能听见她的回答。
He smiled gratefully.'Will you try to find out?'
他感激地笑了。你会试着弄明白吗?
'I'm too young,'she said, hesitating but feeling herheart beating rather fast.
我太年轻了,她犹豫不决地说,可她感到自己的心跳得非常快。
'I'll wait while you learn to like me,'he said.'Will it be very difficult?'
我会等着你学会喜欢我,他说。那会很困难吗?
'Not if I choose to learn,'she said.
如果我选择学就不难,她说。
'Please choose,Meg.I love to teach,and this is easier than German,'said John,taking herother hand.
那你就选择学吧,麦格,我喜欢教你,教这个比教德语容易,约翰说着把她的另一只手也拿起来。
She looked at him and saw that he was smiling.
她看看他,见到他在微笑。
He seemed so sure of success that Meg became a little annoyed.
他看上去必胜的样子使麦格感到有些生气。
She felt excited and strange,and taking her hands away from his, she said,' I don't choose.Please go away!'
她感到激动和陌生,把她的手从他的手里抽回,她说:我不选择。请走吧!
Poor Mr Brooke looked shocked.'Do you mean that?'
可怜的布鲁克先生看上去很震惊。你是当真?
'Yes,'she said,rather enjoying the game she was playing.
是的,她说,对她玩的游戏感觉很有意思。
'I don't want to think about these things. It's to soon.'
我不想想这些事。这来得太快了。
'I'll wait until you've had more time,'he said,and looked so unhappy that Meg began to feelsorry for him.
我会等到你有更多的时间,他说。他看上去那么不开心,麦格开始为他感到难过。
This was the moment to repeat the words she hadtold Jo,but Meg forgot them all.
露易莎·梅·奥尔科特《小妇人》快乐的日子02
发布时间:2019-07-29 14:56 作者:露易莎·梅·奥尔科 点击:
次
|