双语:古特雷斯秘书长2024年纪念和悼念恐怖主义受害者国际日致辞
International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2024
Message by UN Secretary-General António Guterres on the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
联合国秘书长安东尼奥·古特雷斯纪念和悼念恐怖主义受害者国际日致辞
21 August 2024
2024年8月21日
Today, we remember and honour the victims and survivors of terrorism.
今天,我们共同缅怀纪念恐怖主义受害者和幸存者。
Acts of terrorism create a wave of unimaginable grief.
恐怖主义行为造成了难以想象的伤痛。
Families and communities torn apart by terrorist acts are forever changed.
因恐怖主义行为而支离破碎的家庭和社区将永久改变。
The scars – both visible and invisible – never fully heal.
无论可见还是不可见的伤痕永远无法完全愈合。
Through the torment and tragedy, we have also witnessed remarkable examples of resilience and the enduring power of our common humanity.
在苦难和悲剧中,我们也见证了坚韧顽强的杰出典范和闪耀共同人性光辉的持久力量。
This year’s theme is “Voices for Peace: Victims of Terrorism as Peace Advocates and Educators”.
今年的主题是“和平之声:恐怖主义受害者作为和平倡导者和教育者”。
We pay tribute to all victims and survivors, including those who have chosen to share their stories about perseverance, and forgiveness.
我们向所有受害者和幸存者致敬,向那些选择分享自身顽强不屈、宽恕谅解经历的人们致敬。
Reflecting on personal trauma to educate others is an act of immense courage.
通过反思个人创伤教育他人是需要巨大勇气的行为。
This day urges us to listen and to learn.
这一天敦促我们倾听和学习。
And it is a reminder that we must always seek out the light of hope.
这一天提醒我们必须始终寻求希望之光。
Together, we can raise up the voices of all victims and survivors.
团结起来,我们就能让所有受害者和幸存者发出更强的声音。
Together, we can help educate present and future generations.
齐心协力,我们就能帮助教育今世后代。
Together, we can build more peaceful, resilient societies for all.
携手并进,我们就能为全人类缔造更加和平、更有韧性的社会。
Thank you.
谢谢大家。
本文来源:UN
*本网站基于服务并方便广大英语和翻译类同学学习,本着英语信息共享交流学习,如果本站部分内容侵犯了您的版权,敬请联系我们,我们将在第一时间删除相关资料。谢谢!
关注公众号:高斋CATTI,即可领取四大福利资料
(36页)CATTI备考必备手册
(360页)高斋外刊精读与长难句分析汇总(PDF)
(37套)历年CATTI三笔二笔一笔实务真题(PDF)
(7套)已划重点,17年-23年政府工作报告双语汇总(PDF)